Sunday, September 8, 2013

Illamasqua Hydra Veil Review

Hello beauties!

As the title says, I'm going to do a review about this little baby that I have had a chance to try ;). I got this Illamasqua Hydra Veil deluxe sample from my Sephora online order a few weeks ago which I just posted the haul. So I have been using this baby a few times already and I still haven't finished it yet. I bet, it will last me for quite awhile ^.^
Image from Google
FYI, Illamasqua is a British brand. Maybe, not many people know about it, but the brand is actually growing. If you have never heard of Illamasqua, I think you should start looking into it. I'm sure you'll find a lot of products you like ;). I love the colour range! All the colours are super nice and intense...Oop, I think I'm going off topic. Anyway, back to the main topic.

This Hydra Veil baby is quite new to the world. I am quite satisfied when I picked this one as deluxe sample from Sephora hehe ^.^.

These are all the samplers that I got from Sephora when I order. As you can see, the tube is quite a size eh? I only need a tiny bit of the product to apply on for the whole face. It look like in the picture if you scoop it from the jar.
Only that bit!

My sample size will last me for about at least 2 to 3 weeks if I use it everyday.
Can't wait to get a full size!

Hydra Veil is basically a primer, but it also helps to hydrate the skin.The texture is jelly. I mean JELLY; when you scoop it out the form is very much like jelly. It makes you wanna eat it! If you're not careful you may drop it ;).
With this primer, I don't even have to use moisturizer at all. It hydrates the skin the whole day especially for people who have normal skin or oily skin, you don't have to bother to use moisturizer! If you do, you face may get oily.

As for dry skin, if moisturizer is not enough for you, you should consider using this product because it is just super good!!! I don't know what words I can find to describe my overwhelmed feeling about this product. It is the first primer in the market that actually helps with hydrating the skin I think; if not forgive me for my lack of knowledge, but so far, this is the best IMO! Perhaps you want to introduce me to some other primers that help with hydration ;)

When you apply the primer on, your face may feel a little sticky. Leave the face for about 3 minutes then apply on the foundation and take note.

If you have read my review about Lancome Teint Visionaire Foundation Review, you may notice that my face gets a bit oily for during the day. So I actually use this primer together with the foundation, and guess what? It works out really well!!! Back then, I was quite disappointed; but I still tried to find different way to use the foundation because I love the foundation a lot for its nice coverage and smooth. Now I have found the way!!!

I have tried a few different primers if you follow my blog you'll see how many review I have done on different primer brands. This one is my most favourite without complaining!

Bonus ^.^
I hope you enjoy my review on this product. If you live in the U.K, you should go to beauty counter and ask for a sampler and try it if you're a primer junkie like me. I'm sure it's worth a try. You can thank me later :).

I am super busy this week! But I want to do a full review about this baby because I couldn't wait to share how excited I am to have found this with you all ;)

Until my next post, have a wonderful Sunday everyone! I have to get going now :<

*HuG*