Sunday, April 28, 2013

Tarte Aqualillies Waterproof Eyeshadow Palette Review

Hello pretties,

I hope you ladies have wonderful relaxing weekend. I did ^.^
Since I have posted my Spring & Summer Makeup Hauls a few days ago Spring & Summer Makeup Hauls, today I'm going to do a little review about it.

I'm going to review the Tarte Aqualillies Amazonian Clay Waterproof Eye and Cheek Palette for today. The other products will be reviewed soon :)

This is the box design.


Price: $46 CAD
      $38 US 

The design is quite pretty. It gives me the vintage look feeling.
I didn't like it when I first look at it, but after I tried the texture of the eyeshadows I started to like it. 

This is the colour in the palette 

The Palette includes: 

1 Highlighter
1 Bronzer
1 Blush 
6 Eyeshdaows
And a giant mirror (I love the mirror!)
There is also a makeup instruction card with 2 sides to show you how to do 2 different looks using the palette. 

Overall, the packaging is very pretty ^.^ 

Now comes to the quality part. 

The quality of the palette is excellent. The texture of the eyeshadows are definitely well made. But for a $38 US, or $46 CAD price (before tax, especially in Vancouver) I would say it's a little bit expensive. You know all these markets they always sell over price stuffs and also because of the brand too right?

If you like it, it's your choice. However, I would only recommend this palette for people who love the natural look. If you want more colour on this palette, this definitely won't give you what you want. These are the colours in the palette. I have used it on myself for demo. I am quite disappointed how the colour turned out.                                                     The texture is very soft and smooth that's why I loved in in the first place, but when I applied on my eyes, it didn't convince me :/. So I ended sold to my friend for $40 CAD. She loves neutral colour. I have way too many neutral colour palettes so I don't need another one :)
It's said to be waterproof. However, I find that it's not really waterproof at all. If you're going to use this palette to go swimming, make sure you apply waterproof eye primer on to keep the eyeshadow. I have tried to put the eyeshadow on and wipe it with water, it did go off. 


The blush gives you a natural rosy look
Highlighter and bronzer are okay.

This palette is definitely great for every day wear in the summer(well neutral day time kinda look). 
The texture of the eyeshadows are nice but the pigmentation is weak. Maybe I expected from it too much :/
 You can always give it a try and let me know what you think :)

I hope you enjoy my review and I'll see you soon again ^.^

*HuG*

shop tarte cosmetics
http://adurl.us/41bd3c100e218c4